Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Look, ma-- I'm flyin'!

disclaimer: the blogger would like her readers to remember she just recently turned 21, and for all her maturity can't resist such an opportunity to yell out

WHOOO-HOOO!!!

ahem. So Im a tad kicked. One of my poems were selected to be read out at the Kala Ghoda arts festival in Mumbai on the 12th of this month.

Here's the official report of the same-- Apparently someone played the violin in an effort to interpret the poem, which btw, can be found here.

I'm curious why the violinist tried to find a "calmness" in what he felt was the "disturbed" atmosphere of the thing.

[Do note my barefaced pomposity: I'm actually dissecting this damn thing, on my own blog, under my own name, the very moment I hear about it. Damn kids these days]

I'm also curious to know what the faces of those listening looked like.

But mostly, I am grateful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anindita Sengupta said...

Congratulations! *pat on the back*

11:19 PM  
Blogger Baliga said...

wow! damn proud of you... but t was expected! ;)

p.s: post the poem if possible.. i want to read it.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Arindam said...

congrats. :) as has been said before, you have a long way to go baby..

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home